The Agony

Saturday, March 27, 2010

via One Big Health Nut
As futbol-ers we have all been there.  You know, the day where you spend the early hours of your Saturday watching the Premiere League games and then you get all excited for your league game or just pick up with some of your friends. Well, today was one of those days, and even though Arsenal's 90th minute draw with Birmingham put a huge damper on my day I was excited to play because the week was very stressful at school.

A few touches into the game I was feeling great, my team was moving the ball extremely well and the night looked great...and then the unthinkable happened.  A defender on my team gives me a nice cross and I jump to chest it into space, then I land on this kid's sneaker and roll my ankle! Ouch! What sucked is that this wasn't one of those walk it off sprained ankles; I couldn't put any weight on it and there was no ice in sight!

The worst part is just sitting there watching your friends have fun playing the beautiful game while you sit there on the sideline with an injury...After about a half hour of sitting I decided, as we all have at some point, to foolishly get back into the game...I twisted it again and I was done for good.  I tried playing yet again, but it was hopeless.  I was hopping around the pitch like an injured chicken. I couldn't turn, dribble or run at defenders like I usually do.  I just thought I would share my story with you all as I sit here with an ice pack around my ankle hoping that tomorrow it will somehow be healed because I have a game that I cannot miss.  Until next time, LIVE, BREATHE, FUTBOL!

Labels: ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment